University of Strathclyde offers Hardship Fund is to assist EU and International Students who have fallen into financial adversity after starting their course. The purpose of these scholarships is to support high quality research by supporting students with excellent academic qualifications who want to participate in postgraduate research programs in Australia. The scholarships are merit based and are highly competitive. Applicants with excellent academic results are likely to be successful.
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)
- Annual Stipend Value: $25,849
- IPRS covers the full tuition costs, overseas student health cover
VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (VUIPRS):
- Annual Stipend Value: $25,849/annum
- 100% Tuition Fees Scholarship
To be eligible for an IPRS and VUIPRS, applicants must:
- Applicant must be a national of any country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Applicant must have completed a 4 year undergraduate degree, or equivalent; Engineering or Law; 3 year degree and an Honours year; 3 year degree and a postgraduate diploma at an advanced level; or 3 year degree and one year of a higher degree.
- Applicant must meet the University’s academic entrance requirements for registration into a research degree.
- Applicant must meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements for enrolment in a research degree.
- Applicant must be commencing a Master’s by Research or Doctoral degree in 2016.
- Applicant must enroll as a full-time student
Applicant is not eligible for an IPRS or VUIPRS if:
- Applicant has already got a PhD degree or equivalent.
- Applicant has already received Master’s degree by Research and is proposing to undertake another Master’s degree by Research.
- Applicant has earlier held an IPRS, VUIPRS or OPRS
- Applicant is currently studying, or has recently studied, on an AIDAB or AUSAID scholarship and is applying for an IPRS immediately following the AIDAB/AUSAID funded studies.
How to apply
- Apply online
|Subject areas||All disciplines offered by the university|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to International applicants|