Victoria University of Wellington offers Doctoral Scholarships to encourage postgraduate research. These scholarships are granted on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international (overseas) students in any discipline.
Scholarship value: stipend: $23,500 annually; tuition fees.
Duration of award:
- tenable for 03 years
- students already enrolled for a PhD at Victoria for more than 03 months at the time when the offer of a Scholarship is made, the maximum duration of the Scholarship will be reduced at the discretion of the Research Scholarships Committee
Number of Awards Offered: 35 – 110 each round.
- Scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who wish to enroll for full time for PhD at Victoria University or who have commenced their PhD study at the University.
- Submit applications on prescribed application form
- Summary of Research proposal
- Short Curriculum Vitae
- Academic grades transcript from institutions other than Victoria (certified copies)
- Academic references
Terms and Conditions:
- Scholarship awardees must sign a PG Scholarships Contract agreeing to follow by the attached regulations.
- Recipients may ask for approval to undertake paid employment (usually tutoring) for up to a further 400 hours in addition to their contribution in any one calendar year.
- Scholarship may be terminated if a scholarship awardee ceases to resume the aforesaid programme of research within 01 month of the last day of the period of the rescheduling.
CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATIONS:
Currently, the closing dates are 1 March, 1 July and 1 November.
|Victoria University of Wellington
|Open to New Zealand and International students
|1 March, 1 July and 1 November
- Name of Organisation Field Value