Vienna International Postdoctoral Program (VIP2) is a three-year postdoctoral fellowship program being offering by Vienna BioCenter (VBC).
- Computer Science
Number of positions: Three international calls and 45 fellows (15 in each call)
- Applicants must hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, or mathematics.
- The proposed scientific project must match the research carried out on campus (applicants should name one or more potential host groups).
- Candidates are strongly advised to communicate with their preferred mentor(s) to compose their individual research project.
- Applicants must have at least one first-author publication or manuscript published on bioRxiv or arXiv. This provides written documentation that the applicant can successfully complete a scientific project and bring it to a written form. The manuscript allows in-depth evaluation of the previous achievements of the candidate.
- Applicants must not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- All applications must be submitted via our online portal including the following information:
- Personal information: name, contact details, current place of education/employment
- Main scientific area (choose from one of the 7 areas at the VBC) and up to 5 keywords
- DOI of first-author publication or manuscript
- Contact details for two referees.
- CV with details of education, scientific training starting from Bachelor’s, honours, etc.
- PDFs of transcripts and certificates of training
- A five-page scientific project proposal for the lab of interest
- A one-page explanation of the project written for the public, outlining the societal impact
|Organization||Vienna BioCenter (VBC)|
|Subject areas||Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Medicine, Engineering, Computer Science, and Bioinformatics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|