Vienna International Postdoctoral Program (VIP2) is a three-year postdoctoral fellowship program at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) that is open to candidates with backgrounds in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and bioinformatics.
About the program:
- The program operates under a two-mentor scheme whereby fellows select a main research group and academic mentor according to their specific projects and are supported by a second mentor that can be chosen from the VBC research institutes, the VBC biotech sector, our alumni network and beyond.
- The VIP2 program selects people whose projects have the potential to develop into distinct research lines and thus serves as a stepping stone towards an independent career path. Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structure
- Cell and Chromosome Biology
- Computational Biology, Genomes and Evolution
- Disease Mechanisms, Immunology, Pathogens
- Gene Regulation, RNA, Epigenetics
- Stem Cells, Development, Regeneration
- Applicants must hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, computer science, or mathematics.
- The proposed scientific project must match the research carried out on campus (applicants should name one or more potential host groups).
- Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
- Candidates are kindly requested to communicate with their preferred mentor(s) prior to and during composing their individual research projects.
- Applicants must have at least one first-author publication or manuscript published on bioRxiv or arXiv.
- By the time of the call deadline (15 June) applicants must also undertake transnational mobility according to the Marie Curie Action. That is, they should not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
Apply online and upload the following information must be provided:
- Personal information: name, contact details, current place of education/employment
- Main scientific area (choose one from the 7 areas at the VBC) and up to 5 keywords
- DOI of at least one first-author publication or manuscript
- Contact details for two referees.
- CV with details of education, scientific training starting from Bachelor degree, honours, etc.
- PDFs of transcripts and certificates of training
- A five-page scientific project proposal
- A one-page explanation of the project written for the public, outlining the societal impact
- Written proof (letter or email) from the chosen group leader indicating his/her support for the application.
|Organization||Vienna BioCenter (VBC)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 June 2021|