Walailak University Language Institute (WULI) at Walailak University offers Global Academic Exchange Program (GAEP) 2017 to students who want to make a difference through language education, gain an authentic experience of English teaching in EFL contexts and explore ways of living in Thailand.
- Applicants with Bachelor degree in their third/fourth year who are currently pursuing a degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Language Educations and other fields related to English teaching and Education are eligible to aaply.
- Applicants with Bachelor degree in other fields of study but have strong interest/experience in English teaching and English learning activity organizing are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants (both native and non-native speakers of English) are eligible to apply (proof of English proficiency is required).
- Non – native English must submit valid and official TOEFL IBT® /ITP score of at least 100 and 600 respectively or IELTS of at least 7.0 or equivalent score of other international standardized tests of English language proficiency taken within two years from the date of the application deadline.
Duration: minimum of one term (4-5 months); may be extended
- Free on-campus accommodation throughout the program (6,000 THB/Month)
- Monthly allowance (9,000 THB/ Month)
- Medical care as entitled to the university’s temporary employees
- Sightseeing trips for cultural learning around the South of Thailand
- Certificate of Program Completion
How to apply:
- Submit online application with the following documents:
- The most recent official transcript, both in an original version and English translated version (PDF file)
- Passport-sized photo recently taken (JPEG)- 01
- Certified copy of the front page of passport (PDF file)- 01
- Essay explaining why you would like to take part in this program (PDF file)- 1 page
- Sample of teaching/ English learning activity plan (PDF file)
- 01 recommendation letter (PDF file)
- Record a short video clip (1-2 minutes) explaining why you would like to take part in this program and complete the following steps: Post it on your Facebook and hashtag #GAEP 2017 and upload it to Youtube and share a link in the required space.
|Subject areas||Linguistics or any other discipline|
|Fellowship amount||Free on-campus accommodation with other allowances|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||25 March 2018|