WIGH FELLOWSHIPS 2020-2021: The Weatherhead Initiative on Global History (WIGH) at the Harvard University identifies and supports outstanding scholars whose work responds to the growing interest in the encompassing study in the field of global history.
The program seek to organise a community of scholars interested in the systematic scrutiny of developments that have unfolded across national, regional, and continental boundaries and who propose to analyse the interconnections—cultural, economic, ecological, political and demographic—among world societies. The fellowship program encourage applicants from all over the world, and especially from outside Europe and North America, hoping to create a global conversation on global history.
Duration: WIGH Fellows are appointed for one (01) year and are provided time, guidance, office space, and access to Harvard University.
- They should be prepared to devote their entire time to productive scholarship and may undertake sustained projects of research or other original work.
- They will join a vibrant community of global history scholars at Harvard.
- The Fellowship is residential and selected Fellows are expected to live in the Cambridge/Boston area.
- Expected to participate in WIGH activities, including a bi-weekly seminar.
- Fellows will receive an annual stipend of up to $50,000.
Organization: Volkswagen Foundation.
Requirements: The competition for these awards is open only to scholars with:
- a PhD (or comparable professional school degree).
- If still pursuing the PhD, WIGH Fellows must receive their degree no later than May 2016.
- There is no limit on time since submission of the candidate’s degree;
Level of Study: The program is open to candidates at various stages of their careers. The candidates will be expected to submit samples of independent work (articles, papers, dissertation chapters etc) in support of their application on request.
How to Apply
Applications are due January 15. Letters of reference are due by January 8th.
Applications should be submitted through our online application site.
For additional information contact:
Jessica Barnard, Program Coordinator
Phone: +011 (617) 495-8923
|Organization||WIGH FELLOWSHIPS, Harvard University|
|Level||Masters, PhD, Postdoc|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 15 (Annually)|