Wilfried Martens Scholarship is granted in order to conserve, spread and deepen Wilfried Martens’ European political heritage and ideas. The Fund supports academic education and research activities and projects focused on the themes that were dear to Wilfried Martens during his European political career, such as the EU’s institutional architecture, its neighbourhood policy and the development of European parties and foundations.
Subject areas: Master of European Politics and Policies
Nationality: Scholarships are available for students from non-EU Member States
- Applicants from all provinces and regions of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a 4 Year University Degree (3 Year Bachelors + 1 Year Masters) or (4 Year Bachelors of 240 ECTS Credits)
- Applicant must hold degree in the fields of Political Science, Sociology, Law, Economics or Contemporary European History.
- Applicant must have achieved honours/ ‘distinction’ / Upper Second Class / 3.5 GPA)
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to prove that they are a C-level on the Common Framework of Reference level of the Council of Europe (TOEFL internet-based 100/120 or IELTS 7.0/9 2)
- Apply online application to the International Admissions Unit of KU Leuven. File must contain:
- Copies of university diploma(s)
- Detailed transcripts of academic records in English, Dutch, French or German or an officially authenticated translation in one of these languages; mentioning grades and marks.
- An official explanation of the grading system used in the academic institution(s) where the student pursued his/her graduate studies.
- Proof of proficiency in English (i.e. TOEFL/IELTS)
- Motivation letter (max 2 pages) regarding application for the Master of European Politics and Policies as well as the Wilfried Martens Scholarship.
- Recommendation letter
- Copy of passport
- Monthly paid living expenses
- Tuition Fee
- Affiliation with a Belgian Health Insurance Company
- Third Party Liability Insurance
|Subject areas||Political Science, Sociology, Law, Economics or Contemporary European History|
|Fellowship amount||Stipend+tuition fees|
|Eligibility||Open to non-EU natonals|
For Further Details: Click