PhD scholarship is open in Modelling for Wind Turbine Rotors/TRMOD at DTU Wind Energy (Technical University of Denmark) – Aerodynamic Design Section”.
Responsibilities and tasks involved:
- Objective of the PhD study is to combine existing measurements of laminar/turbulent transition from the DAN-AERO Exp. and other available measurements from wind tunnels with the modeling capability of the EllipSys3D to investigate details of the transition process for modern large scale rotors, and further validate the computational approach.
- Candidates must have Master’s degree in Engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
- Good knowledge of aerodynamics, experience with CFD and Fortran programming will be preferred.
Approval and Enrollment & Assessment:
- Scholarship for the PhD degree is subjected to academic approval, and the candidates will be registered in one of the general degree programs of DTU.
- Assessment of the applicants will be done by Head of Section Flemming Rasmussen and Professor Niels N. Sørensen.
Salary and appointment conditions
- Salary and appointment terms are in line with the current rules for PhD degree students.
- Duration of employment is 3 years.
- Location: DTU Risø Campus in Roskilde.
- Cover letter (motivation letter)
- Official grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (translation into English)
Professor Niels N. Sørensen, +45 46 77 50 53, email@example.com.
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark|
|Subject areas||Engineering, Aerodynamic, Wind Energy|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Eligibility||Open for international applicants|
|Deadline||13 June 2016|
For Further Details: Click