The Women Entrepreneur Quest (WEQ) 2018 is a leading contest of Anita Borg Institute (ABI) India for women entrepreneurs, who are founders of startups in the technology sector. WEQ is a broad platform that provides networking, mentoring and learning opportunities to grow one’s business.
Value: all-expenses-paid experiential learning visit to Silicon Valley, US.
Number of places: 10
About the programme:
- WEQ 2018 is a competition designed to strengthen and build a dynamic and supportive ecosystem for women entrepreneurs in India.
- Objective is to encourage, promote and showcase technology start-ups, founded by women entrepreneurs thus complementing the Government of India’s program of National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The applicant must be a woman.
- The applicant must be a founder/co-founder of an early stage technology startup.
- The startup must be an Indian operating and registered entity and must be under 7 years of operation as on 31st July 2018.
- The startup needs to be primarily driven by technology and can cover any sector of technology such as the Internet, Mobile, Clean Tech, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Web-based applications, Cloud, IT Enabled Services, Agriculture, Energy, Education, Financial Inclusion, Healthcare Applications, Social Media and any impact making social sector.
- Winners of past WEQ contests are not eligible to apply.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Indo-US Science And Technology Forum|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||September 30, 2018|