Women Scientists Scheme -A (WOS-A) is offered by Department of Science and Technology (DST). This Scheme is for research in basic and applied sciences has been evolved in this context, by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for providing opportunities to women scientists and technologists between the age group of 27-50 years who wish to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists.
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences (PMS)
- Chemical Sciences (CS)
- Life Sciences (LS)
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EAS)
- Engineering Sciences (ET)
- Research grant with an upper limit of Rs. 30 lakh (for Ph.D. or equivalent) and Rs. 20 lakh (for M.Sc. or equivalent) for a well-defined R&D project proposal
- Amount of Fellowship per month (Consolidated): Rs.55,000/-
- Duration of aid is for three years.
- This grant will include the fellowship of the applicant and cost of small equipments, contingencies, travel, consumables etc.
- Institutional overhead charges will be extra.
- Persons already in employment need not apply.
- Applicants less than 27 years of age are not eligible. Maximum age limit for this category is 35 years at the time of submission of the application
- Applicants must be with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme.
- The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 20,000/month.
- Women scientists having a Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences or M.Tech. or MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can apply up to the age of 50 years.
- The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 35,000/month
- Age relaxation of 5 years would be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged category.
Last Date of Application: The Scheme is open throughout the year.
How to Apply: Online submission only.
Department of Science and Technology (DST)
|Subject areas||Basic and Applied Science|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|