Yale University invites applications from young scholar from all over the world for Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) program. The program empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders. Yale Young Global Scholars emphasizes an open, exploratory, and collaborative approach to learning. The program is designed to allow students to experience learning in a variety of different university contexts, from large lectures to small seminars, and even the spontaneous learning that happens in dining halls and around campus.
- Applicant must be at least 15 years old by February 6, 2019 (application deadline).
- Applicant must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Applicant must be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Applicant must be graduating in May/June 2020 or 2021 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2019 or 2020 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- The applications are accepted from ALL countries.
Following list of documents is required:
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and two 200-word responses
- Official school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial standardized test scores, if available (submit or waive)
- Need-based financial aid (submit or waive)
- $60 application fee
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|