The Zukunftskolleg is an Institute for Advanced Study (IAS). It offers fellowships as well as a diverse support network to promote the independence of early career researchers. In this call up to 5 postdoctoral stipends are available for up to 3 months (with justification for up to 4 months).
About the fellowship:
- The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz.
- The start date is September 1st, 2020 or October 1st, 2020
- The will actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zu-kunftskolleg during the weekly Jour Fixe meetings (during semester);
- The selected candidate will interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz.
- The selected candidate will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture;
- The selected candidate will acknowledge Zukunftskolleg support in any publications resulting from the stay;
- The selected candidate will write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your ZUKOnnect Fellowship).
- Candidate must originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- Candidate must hold a doctorate (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year
- Candidate must not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Candidate’s research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- Candidate should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance),
- A stipend of 1.200€/ month for doctoral students and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral re-searchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back.
Apply via the online application portal (in English). Applications should include:
- Motivation letter (including objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, an explanation how the research ties in with the research landscape at the university as well as a precise time plan for your stay)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages)
- Certificates (doctoral certificate or a letter of supervisor commenting on the progress of doctoral thesis)
- Reference letter from home university will strengthen the application
Reference number 2019/336
|Organization||University of Konstanz|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to selected countries|