Walk-in Interview For the Position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at Defence Research & Development Organization, Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment. The interested candidates are invited for a walk-in interview at SASE RDC, Him Parisar, Plot No. 1, Sector 37A,
|Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) was set up in 1969 near Manali to combat the hazards of snow and avalanches not only to help the Armed Forces to fight and live in the mountains but||also to accelerate the pace of socio-economic growth of the inaccessible snowbound hill regions. SASE was initially assigned the task of studying snow and avalanche problems along certain mountain highways in snowbound belt of Indian Himalayas.|
Chandigarh for the following position ;-
- DST sponsored project Titled ‘Estimation of Glacier stored water in the Karakoram Himalaya.
(i) ME or M.Tech in first division both at graduate and post graduate level in Remote Sensing and GIS/
Geomatics/Geoinformatics/Water Resource Management.
(i) Experience in glacier surveying/field work/
(relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST & 3 years for OBC)
|Rs.25000 + HRA||05-01-2016
- Type written application with complete bio-data and attested copies of Mark sheets/Certificates, Caste Certificate and Experience certificates, addressed to Director, Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE), Research 8 Development Centre (RDC), Him Parisar, Sector 37A, Chandigarh (UT) should be brought at the lime of Walk-in interview along with a recent passport size photograph, duly affixed on the right top corner of the first page of application and a crossed Indian Postal Order amounting to Rs. 10/- drawn in favour of the Director SASE-RDC, Him Parisar, Sector- 37A, Chandigarh (candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC are exempted from this payment). Candidates working in Govt/Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Bodies should apply through proper channel.
- Relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC as per govt, rules will be permissible.
- For field data collection, the selected person will have to regularly visit and stay in the snow bound, glaciated
region of Himalaya, as per requirement.
♦ The positions are purely temporary. The offer of fellowship will not confer any right for regular appointment in DRDO. The period of RA/SRF(P)/JRF will not count for the purpose of seniority, or for counting of length of service in DRDO/other Govt., benefit in case of your appointment at a later date. The contract of the selected candidate may be terminated at any time during the project.
♦ Desirous candidates appearing for a walk-in interview are required to report at SASE-RDC, Chandigarh as per
the following schedule:-
(i) Applications would he accepted up to 1000 hrs.
(ii) initial screening and verification of testimonials would be done between 1000-1100 hrs on the respective interview Date.
(Hi) interview of the screened/short listed candidates would lake place from 1100 hrs onward
- The appointment will under No circumstances confer the candidate for any regular appointment in this establishment.
- Candidates will be required to produce all certificates/testimonials in original during the interview.
- No J AID A will be paid for attending the interview/joining, irrespective of the selection.
- No govt., accommodation would be provided by the organisation to the selected candidates.
Defence Research & Development Organization,
Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment
Research & Development Centre
Him Parisar, Plot No. 1, Sector-1. Sector 37A