Radboud Scholarship Programme: Application for RSP for 2016/2017 is now open. The Radboud Scholarship Programme offers a select number of talented prospective non-EEA students the opportunity to receive a scholarship to pursue a complete English-taught Master’s degree programme at Radboud University.
The Radboud Scholarship Programme is very selective and is only intended for talented students who have obtained outstanding study results and are highly motivated to pursue a Master’s degree programme at Radboud University.
Scope of the scholarships
Level and duration of the scholarship
The scholarship is not an amount of money that you will receive in your bank account, but consists of a partial tuition waiver. The tuition fee will be waived to the level of an EEA student. For example: a grant holder in 2015/2016 will pay a tuition fee of only €1,951, instead of €9,685 or €10,633. In addition the Radboud Scholarship also covers costs such as those for visa, residence permit, health insurance and liability insurance. This amounts to about €700.
In the case of a two-year programme: to qualify for the grant during the second year, you need to have passed all courses in the first year.
You will only be eligible to obtain a Radboud Scholarship if you:
- hold a non-EU/EEA passport
- are not eligible for the lower EEA tuition fee for other reasons
- you have (will obtain) a Bachelor’s degree achieved outside the Netherlands and have no degrees achieved in the Netherlands
- have been fully admitted to the English-taught Master’s degree programme starting September 1, 2016 as stated in the formal letter of admission
- are able to comply with the conditions for obtaining a visa for the Netherlands
- are enrolled at Radboud University as a full-time student for the academic year and Master’s degree programme for which the scholarship will be awarded
From the eligible candidates the Radboud Scholarship holders will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Talent: this means that you must have outstanding study results in your present field of study
- You are expected to be a promising student in your desired field of study at Radboud University
- Proven academic quality and good results of your prior education for example through grades, test scores, publications
- Quality of the recommendations in the two reference letters
- Motivation: based on your motivation letter for the Master’s progamme
Application procedure and documents required
The application for admission and the application for the scholarship is fully integrated, there is no separate application procedure for the scholarship. However, the selection for RSP and the admission to the Master’s degree programme are two seperate processes. Admission to the programme does not imply selection for RSP.
You apply for a Radboud Scholarship by indicating during your application for admission that you wish to apply for a Radboud Scholarship. You will then be requested to upload three additional documents: two reference letters and a curriculum vitae.
Each year about 30 Radboud Scholarships are awarded to selected talented non-EEA students for the duration of one of the Master’s degree programmes listed below:
|Language and Communication||Faculty of Arts|
|Historical Studies||Faculty of Arts|
|Literary Studies||Faculty of Arts|
|Arts and Visual Culture||Faculty of Arts|
|Philosophy||Faculty of Philosophy, Theology & Religious Studies|
|Behavioural Science||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Artificial Intelligence||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Social and Cultural Science: Comparative Research on Societies||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Cognitive Neuroscience||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Anthropology and Development Studies||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Pedagogical Sciences||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Biomedical Sciences||Faculty of Medical Sciences|
|Molecular Mechanisms of Disease||Faculty of Medical Sciences|
|Chemistry||Faculty of Science|
|Physics & Astronomy||Faculty of Science|
|Biology||Faculty of Science|
|Medical Biology||Faculty of Science|
|Molecular Life Sciences||Faculty of Science|
|Science||Faculty of Science|
|Mathematics||Faculty of Science|
|Computing Science||Faculty of Science|
|Information Sciences||Faculty of Science|
|European Law||Faculty of Law|
The faculty selects the grant recipients. You will be informed about the final decision by the International Office with respect to your application for a Radboud Scholarship before the end of May 2016. (date subject to change)
For more information about the scholarship programme, contact the International Office email@example.com.
Do not use this e-mail address for the application.