Postdoctoral Fellowships: ICTP seeks applications for postdoctoral positions from outstanding young mathematicians of any nationality; women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for young mathematicians with a strong research record. Fellows must have completed a PhD in mathematics prior to the start of their Fellowship. The Fellowships have a 12-month duration with a possibility to be renewed for a further 12 months.
In addition, candidates can choose to be considered for a multi-year Shiing-Shen Chern Senior Post-Doctoral Fellowship (an option to indicate this will be available in the online application system). This Fellowship also has a starting date of 1 September 2016.
Requirements: Preference will be given to candidates who:
1) will benefit most from the time spent at ICTP in pursuit of their own research, using the ICTP facilities and participating in ICTP activities and
2) will interact with local scientists and visitors and will contribute to the intellectual vitality of the Centre.
How to Apply: Candidates should apply using the ICTP online application system. They are required to arrange for the submission of three letters of recommendation by established researchers. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Post-Doctoral Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in an array of mathematics activities at the network of scientific institutions in Trieste: ICTP, the International School of Advanced Studies (ISAS/SISSA) and the University of Trieste.
Details on life at ICTP can be found here.
- Telephone: +39-040-2240455
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICTP Mathematics Section on Facebook
Application: 15 December 2015