The period of employment for the position is three years. The position has the objective of qualifying for higher academic positions. Admission to a doctoral degree program is a requirement for employment as a PhD candidate. For regulations concerning the PhD-degree at NTNU, please visit:http://www.ntnu.edu/dmf/research/phd
- A master’s degree or an equivalent education within Molecular Biology (or similar scientific areas)
- A strong academic record with a weighted average grade of master’s or equivalent education with a grade of B or higher, in accordance with NTNU’s grading system.
- Proficiency in oral and written English
Emphasis will be placed on:
- The candidate’s motivation for the position
- Good cooperation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate interdisciplinary
- Documented practical and theoretical experience from molecular biology, bioinformatics, biochemistry, biotechnology, MR and PET imaging.
NTNU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from both EU/EEA and non-EU countries. The university is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from members of ethnic minorities.
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview. More information regarding moving to Trondheim, Norway and working at NTNU.
How to apply:Applicants are asked to apply via this page, www.jobbnorge.no, and to attach all relevant documents, see list below.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
Candidates from non-English speaking countries outside the Nordic countries must provide official documentation of their English competence. Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficincy in English (CPE).The following results are required: TOEFL: 600/ writing 4.5 (paper-based test), 92 / writing 22 (internet-based test) IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted) CAE/CPE:grade B or A.
The candidate’s motivation, skills and personal qualifications for the position and project should be described in the application letter. The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicant’s CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas)
- A letter of recommendation from a supervisor or employer
- Contact information for at least two references (including email addresses and telephone number)
- Other relevant information
Depending on qualifications and academic background, PhD Candidates at the Faculty of Medicine will be remunerated at wage code 1017 – levels 50-62 on the Norwegian State salary scale, with gross salary from NOK 429 400 – NOK 528 500 a year, of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.