PhD Position in Nanomedicine (Ref. FI-LA): A predoctoral candidates is required at The Nanoscopy for Nanomedicine group (Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) to apply for the 2016 call from the Generalitat of Catalonia (FI-DGR- 2016). IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are completely no restrictions of citizenship or gender: candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
Key Tasks / responsibilities:
- – Develop novel multifunctional nanomaterials based on self-assembly (e.g. nanoparticles of nanofibers).
- – Use of advanced microscopy techniques such as super resolution microscopy to investigate the behavior of the nanomaterials in living cells and tissues.
- – Participate in the development of nanotechnology-based therapies for cancer and infectious diseases.
Requirements for candidates:
– BSc and/or MSc Degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biophysics
– Previous experience on biomaterials is recommended
– Experience with optical microscopy (widefield, confocal) is an asset –
Major Abilities and skills required:
- – High level of English and good communication skills.
- – Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
- – Teamworking ability
– Albertazzi et al (2014) Science, 344 491
– Albertazzi et al (2013) Mol Pharm 10 249
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park, with premises of 2.500 square meters, 16 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 250 people from 20 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu