Principal Research Engineer in mathematical statistics at Department of Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics. Department of Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics is looking for a Principal Research Engineer in mathematical statistics with applications in oncology and infectious diseases. The service is limited for 20 months and require a doctorate in mathematical statistics.
Tasks involved: Within the first project you will participate in an ongoing collaboration with a research group which works with leukemia. The aim of the project is to use data from multiple high-dimensional techniques (including genexpressions arrayer, miRNA arrays, SNP arrays and methylation arrays) to identify new subsets of leukemia.The project will be implemented in close collaboration with cancer and you are expected to take an active role in the interdisciplinary cooperation. You are expected to develop statistical methods to answer clinical questions within the project.
A second project will find that you will be participating in an ongoing collaboration with a research team working with tularemia. You will personalize generalized linear models which allows to predict the outbreak of tularemia in areas where the disease is common.
Tidfördelningen between projects is 50% cancer project and 50% tularemia project.
Requirements / Qualifications:
You have a PhD in Mathematical Statistics or equivalent.
You have experience in:
- to develop statistical methods for analysis of high-dimensional genomics.
- to develop and apply statistical methods based on entropy.
- to work in interdisciplinary research projects, especially in medicine and biology.
- to work with generalized linear models.
- to program in the language R.
It also requires excellent knowledge of English.
The appointment is a general fixed-term contract for 20 months with the access agreement, but no later than 2016-03-01.
Application procedure: You apply through our recruitment system. Log in and via the button at the bottom of the page.
Your application must include the following documents:
- A brief description of the experience you have that make you suitable for the position and why you are interested in the projects.
- CV (CV)
- Diplomas and transcripts from the university.
- Name and contact details of two referees.
Your application must be submitted no later than 2015-12-20.
For further information contact lecturer Patrik Ryden, 090-786 95 62, firstname.lastname@example.org or department head Robert Johansson, 090-786 93 65, email@example.com.
Type of employment