Reseacher in cell biology/celluar biophysics at Department of Biosciences: A two-year position as Researcher in cell biology/ cellular biophysics is available at the Department of Biosciences. The position is associated with the research team of project leader Cinzia Progida and is available immediately. Within the framework of the position duties may be assigned.
Job description/Project description:
The candidate for this position will work on a project funded by the Norwegian Research Council. The goal of this project is to decipher the molecular mechanisms underlying the interplay between intracellular transport and cytoskeleton remodeling using molecular biological and biophysical techniques, biochemistry and live microscopy in cell culture systems and cells from knock out/knock in mice.
Key Requirements – We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled candidate interested in cytoskeletal dynamics, intracellular transport and cellular biophysics, with extensive experience within one or more of the following areas: cell biology, advanced imaging, molecular biology, biochemistry, and biophysics. Successful candidates should have hands-on experience with a broad range of methods in this field and with cell culture and imaging. Prior experience with cellular biophysics and animal models will be considered an advantage.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
A good command of English is required.
Position code 1109 and pay grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 483 700 – 560 700 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority).
Application Procedure – The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
- Application deadline: 4 January, 2016
- Reference number: 2015/13977
- Home page: http://www.mn.uio.no/ibv/
- Project leader Cinzia Progida
Telephone: +47 22854441
- Questions regarding Easycruit, contact HR Officer Torunn Standal Guttormsen
Telephone: +47 22 85 42 72