Postdoctoral position is available from August 1st, 2015 in NanoChemistry at DTU Chemistry. Project: Chemical Production of 3D Graphene Biocatalysts for Enzymatic Biofuel Cells and Graphene Catalysts for Fuel Cells’
Candidates should have a PhD degree in chemistry or physics, or academic experience equivalent to a PhD degree in engineering, specifically with:
- A strong experimental experience in bioelectrochemistry, biofuel cells, fuel cells, energy conversion, inorganic chemistry, materials chemistry and physical chemistry.
- A strong background in experimental electrochemistry and electrochemical data modelling, such as impedance spectral analysis.
- Experience and knowledge in electrocatalysis, bioelectrocatalysis, enzyme electrochemistry, electrochemical energy conversion, chemical synthesis of graphene and 3 D graphene foam, and in advanced microscopies such as scanning tunnelling microscope, atomic force microscopy, transmission electron microscopy (TEM) will be preferred.
- A strong motivation and commitment to scientific research.
- Enthusiasm for working with research students.
- Independence and good communication in English.
- Responsibilities and tasks
- Design and development of graphene based enzymatic biofuel cells, graphene catalysts for fuel cells.
- Communication with collaborators, at DTU and with external partner(s).
- Drafting manuscripts.
- Helping young students in the lab.
- Applicants should have a thorough interest in nanochemistry, electrochemistry and physical chemistry. The position offers an opportunity to work with an international, dynamic and multi-disciplinary project.
- In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Relevance of background experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and good communication skills.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on research, education, public-sector consultancy and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the national economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The position is for one year.
For additional information please contact Associate professor Jingdong Zhang and Professor Jens Ulstrup, DTU Chemistry.
Please submit your online application no later than 15 May 2015.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your documents in English in one PDF file. The file must include.
- Application (cover letter of motivation)
- Diploma (an official translation into English)
- List of publications
- Research plan
- At least two recommendation letters from former supervisors
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and public service. Our staff of 5,700 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,000 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with academia worldwide, business, industry, government, and public agencies.