Post-doc Position on Novel Smart nanomaterials for a project applied to biomedicine: nanodesign, synthesis and diagnostics (36 months) at Southern Federal University (Rostov-on-Don, Russia).
The International Research Centre “Smart materials” (http://nano.sfedu.ru) of Southern Federal University, Russia seeks a post-doctoral researcher for a collaborative project in the area of novel smart materials and biomedicine, whose main responsibility would be to conduct research on computer nanodesign, synthesis and diagnostics of smart nanomaterials including Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOF) for biomedical applications.
Research supervisor: Professor Alexander Soldatov
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: ~3 years of experience after PhD
Closing Date: December 15th 2015(23:00 Moscow time)
Salary: minimum of 70 000 roubles per month including tax
- The successful candidate should hold a recent PhD in nanotechnology/Chemistry or related fields and be fluent in English. The knowledge of Russian language is a bonus.
- The candidate should also have proven experience in the following field: synthesis of nanostructured materials. Previous experience in diagnostics of nanostructured materials parameters (using XRD, EXAFS, FTIR, DLS), and/or quantum chemistry or molecular dynamics simulations using supercomputers will be welcome.
- In addition, the candidate should be able to work independently and thrive in a multidisciplinary research environment.
- Research performance indicators: h-index is minimum 3, number of publication in the journals indexing by Web-of-Science in relevant field is no less than 3, citation index is minimum 10.
- Applicants are expected to have a work experience in international research team.
What we offer
Employment contract for up-to 3 years, available starting from January 12th, 2016.
Access to state-of-the-art equipment at the lab (http://nano.sfedu.ru/equipment.html) and Synchrotron Radiation facilities in Russia and Europe (Kurchatov Institute, DESY, ESRF, SLS).
Personal office with high-speed WiFi Internet and modern laptop.
Accommodation in a guest lecturers’ section of the University Campus Residence.
Possible part-time teaching position (for Master students).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications in the research field and contacts of possible Referees for recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Additional enquires on the scientific project itself should be addressed to: soldatovsfedu.ru)