Application for Senior Researcher in Mass Spectrometry field at Universal Diagnostics S.L., Spain. Universal Diagnostics S.L. in Sevilla has an opening for a full-time position in the R&D department dedicated in the development of diagnostic tests.
General Information: This position is within the scientific development department of a young R&D company, which is responsible for detecting, identifying, and quantifying blood-based biomarkers that are significant for different health states. We are seeking a motivated and experienced scientist with at least PhD degree in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, biological sciences or related field, who exhibits a broad analytical aptitude has experience in –omics field and can function in a highly collaborative multidisciplinary team environment to develop new strategies for biomarker discovery using state of the art mass spectrometry based techniques.
- Utilizing mass spectrometry techniques to analyse metabolites, lipids and proteins, to support detection panel development for different diseases.
- Developing new methods and strategies for biomarker discovery and quantitation, including designing new methods for sample preparation, data acquisition and data processing with commercial and in-house developed software
- Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometers instruments
- Analytical validation of developed methods and incorporation to ISO or CLIA accredited laboratories
- Presenting experimental results at group/project team meetings
- MSc or PhD degree in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, biological sciences or related disciplines
- 8 or more years of relevant experience on mass spectrometry field, as demonstrated by hands-on experience in working with MS equipment
- Understanding of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry methods in metabolite and protein characterization/identification/quantification and hands-on experience in mass analysis
- Experience in working in R&D companies especially on biomarker discovery or diagnostic test development
- Good publication track record related to mass spectrometry
- Excellent English skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience using and developing various liquid chromatography methods such as ion exchange, size exclusion and affinity separation
- Knowledge about different mass spectrometry based method development for biomarker discovery
- Experience in working in ISO accredited, CLIA approved or equivalent laboratories with expertize on ISO 15189/13485 or CLIA regulations
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a passionate and fast-growing startup developing novel diagnostic test with the potential to significantly impact society.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your resume (cover letter optional) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Senior Researcher 2”.
Primary Location: Seville (Spain).
Salary: To be negotiated with the candidate
Application deadline: December 1, 2015