A Project Leader position is available for Data-driven Metabolic Phenotyping at Center for Biosustainability. The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain) at the technical university of Denmark (DTU) is seeking a highly motivated project leader for data-driven metabolic engineering.
The Center conducts research on metabolic engineering and synthetic biology of microbial and mammalian cell factories for chemical and therapeutic protein production. The position will be within the iLoop Core at DTU Biosustain.
Tasks / Responsibilities –
- Successful candidates will lead a project to develop a comprehensive framework for omics data collection, analysis and visualization to support cell factory development programs.
- The iLoop Core is responsible for effective execution of translational research projects in microbial cell factory development.
- The goal of the iLoop core is to apply cutting edge methods in synthetic biology (genome engineering, automated cloning) and systems biology (omics including next generation sequencing, screening automation, informatics, modeling) methods in order to reduce the time that is needed to develop industrially relevant production cell factories.The iLoop is based on the principle of data driven cell factory development where scientific intuition is complemented with rigorous data driven-modeling approaches in order to design and implement improved cell factories.
- Candidates should hold a PhD degree in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biotechnology, bioinformatics or similar field
- The applicant should have previous experience with analyzing and interpreting multiple omics data types (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics or other relevant data types)
- Previous experience in mass spectrometry-based metabolomics and fluxomics is required
- Strong background in microbial physiology and metabolism is mandatory
- Extensive experience in genome-scale models of metabolic and other cellular networks is required
- Good communication skills in English are required
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) . The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
In the period until July 2016 the working place will be The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability, Kogle allé 6, 2970 Hørsholm. After July 2016 the working place will be at DTU Lyngby Campus.
The period of employment is time unlimited.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Markus Herrgard, Director, iLoop Core Platform (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- complete CV
- Diploma (an official translation into English)
Application deadline: 24 December 2015