Scientist New York Structural Biology Center: A Scientist position is open in the Protein Purification/X-ray Crystallography department at the New York Structural Biology Center. This is a permanent, full-time position suitable for a Ph.D. degree holder.
General information: The New York Structural Biology Center (NYSBC) is a shared research organization, owned and operated by nine universities and medical schools in the New York area, and devoted to the structural analysis of biological processes through the use of NMR, X-ray crystallography, and electron microscopy.
Requirements / Qualifications: We are currently seeking a Scientist to join our expanding team of scientists in the crystallography group involved in a range of projects of medical importance, funded by federal grants and contracts along with collaborations with academic and private partners.
Essentials: Only candidates that meet the following requirements will be considered:
• A Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, or a closely related discipline
• Extensive experience expressing and purifying protein from insect cell/baculovirus systems using modern chromatography techniques
• Experience with biophysical techniques such as analytical ultracentrifugation, isothermal titration calorimetry, or microscale thermophoresis to assay protein-protein interactions
• Background in structural biology is desirable but not required
• Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines
• Excellent record keeping, communication, and time management skills to facilitate work on multiple independent research projects simultaneously
Tasks involved: The successful candidate will design expression constructs, maintain insect cell/baculovirus expression systems, and produce protein for crystallization and assay development. Experience with protein kinases is an asset. NYSBC encourages growth and we expect that the candidate will have a broader interest in structural biology and will eventually aid in data collection of crystallized proteins.
Salary level is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send a copy of your resume as an attachment to the address above.
Further information: Inquiries please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: not mentioned