The applicant will support COSBI research initiatives in development and application of methods for statistical analysis of high-throughput mammalian biological omics data.The applicant will mainly operate in the fields of systems nutrition and systems pharmacology with prestigious academic and industrial international partners, and will be included in highly multidisciplinary and international teams at COSBI. The applicant will have the opportunity to work with diverse datasets provided by active COSBI collaborations.
Although a basic understanding of molecular biology is essential, this position is not intended for wet-lab oriented researchers. The candidate will report to the President and CEO of COSBI. S/he will be responsible for: · providing knowledge in the field of biostatistics/bioinformatics; · working in team with computational and life sciences researchers; · promoting the work of COSBI, through scientific publications and presentations; · writing grant proposals.
Required skills and experience:
- PhD in statistics, bioinformatics or related fields;
- previous postdoctoral experience in biostatistics/bioinformatics;
- previous experience with statistical programming and high-throughput data analysis;
- previous experience in interacting with biologist and computational scientists;
- excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- experience with R scripting; experience in analysis of systems nutrition and/or systems pharmacology data sets, knowledge of cellular and molecular biology.
Job hours and salary: Full-time job.
Attractive salary and benefits negotiable according to CV, previous experience and skills.
Location: The work location is Rovereto, Northern Italy. COSBI is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age.
Applicants can send their application letter, CV along with full contact information of three referees to email@example.com and authorize the handling of personal information according to Law 196/03. Ref: Senior postdoctoral/Research scientist in Biostatistics/Bioinformatics