FinCEAL Plus project to support Finnish researchers’ scientific cooperation with partners from Africa, Asia and the Latin America and Caribbean Region
FinCEAL Plus (Developing Finnish Science, Technology and Innovation Cooperation between Europe, Africa, Asia and the LAC Region) is a project financed by the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture in 2015-2016 and implemented by the UniPID(Finnish University Partnership for International Development) network. The project is a continuation and expansion of the FinCEAL project (2013-2014) and aims to increase support for Finland-based researchers focusing on Africa, Asia and the LAC regions, and to enhance Finnish expert participation and influence in the EU-Africa, EU-Asia and EU-CELAC Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) policy dialogues.
The project focuses on supporting Finnish research and innovation collaboration under following the thematic areas:
Africa: Renewable energy, Health, Information Society, Food security and Climate Change;
Asia: Renewable Energy, Health, ICT, Food Security and Safety, Water Management and Clean Tech;
Latin America and the Caribbean: Renewable Energy, Health, ICT for societal challenges, Bioeconomy, Biodiversity and Climate Change.
FinCEAL Plus offers:
1) Travel Grants to enhance participation of Finnish researchers in bi-regional research cooperation, the STI policy dialogues and events that expand awareness of Finnish expertise in the target regions. The Call for Open Travel Grants is open now until 15th May 2015
2) Project Preparatory Funding to support applicants based in Finnish institutions in applying for EU research project funding, especially Horizon2020. Rolling Call, apply any time!
3) Thematic networking events in Finland and regional side-events in Europe, Africa, Asia and/or the LAC region
4) Grants for thematic events. Call for Event Grants opens in September 2015.
5) InfoBank, a multidisciplinary database of Finnish research conducted on Africa, Asia or the LAC region. Researchers are invited to register their projects at: www.unipid.fi/infobank
The activities are targeting researchers in Finnish universities, universities of applied sciences and research institutions.
More information on FinCEAL Plus, contact information and all the funding calls available at: www.unipid.fi/finceal