The Ernst-Moritz-Arndt at University of Greifswald invites applications for 6 PhD positions in the Research Training Group (RTG) 1870 “Bacterial Respiratory Infections.
Value: according to TV-L E13/65%
Starting date: 1 November 2017
Duration: initially till 31 October 2018; may be extended
About the project:
- Aim of the RTG1870 is to study the regulation and expression of virulence factors of the bacterial respiratory pathogens Streptococcus pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus, to explore OMICs signatures of bacteria and host cells during colonization and (co-)infection, determine structure-function relationships of surface-exposed lipoproteins and transporters, and study mechanisms of immune defence.
- Specific added value will be derived from comparing the three bacterial species in the same experimental systems, to identify shared or unique molecular mechanisms employed to meet the challenges of proliferating in a respiratory environment.
- Applicant must hold Master’s (or equivalent) in Biology, Biochemistry or related subjects.
- Applicant must demonstrate high interest in research on bacterial pathogens
- Applicant must have project-relevant knowledge about biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, proteomics, and/or bioinformatics
- Applicant must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Application with the following materials to be sent by email to Prof. Dr. Sven Hammerschmidt and specify the reference number 17/Wi14 in the email subject line and in cover letter:
- 2 priority projects
- Letter of motivation
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Copies of all degrees and courses
- List of research and laboratory experience
- List of publications as single PDF (max. 5 MB), if applicable
|Organization||University of Greifswald|
|Subject areas||Biology, Biochemistry|
|Fellowship amount||As per rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 September 2017|