Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites applications for the post of Associate Professor in Political Science at Army Cadet College Wing, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
Salary: PB-4, Rs. 37,400-67000 plus Academic Grade Pay Rs. 9000 (DA as admissible) Total emoluments excluding TPT and HRA at the time of initial appointment will be Rs.1,05,328/- p.m approximately
Age limit: applicant must not exceeding 50 years of age; relaxable for Government servants upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government.
- Applicant must hold good academic record with a PhD Degree in the discipline of Political Science.
- Applicant must have scored 55% of the marks, or equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s Degree level.
- Applicant must demonstrate contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided PhD candidates and research students.
- A minimum score of 300 as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) developed by University Grants Commission in these regulations.
- minimum 5 years of experience of teaching and/or research in Political Science
- an academic research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a university or college or accredited research institution or Industry (excluding the period of PhD Research)
- evidence of published work and a minimum of five publications as books and/or research in Political Science or policy papers indexed or ISBN or ISSN numbered books or journals and university developed ISBN or ISSN list of journals hosted in the website of the concerned university
- To impart academic instructions to cadets and assess them according to training programme and syllabus.
- To participate outdoors extracurricular activities of cadets in hilly/uneven terrain and perform the duties relating to paper setting, OIC examinations or invigilator, Administrative duties etc.
Probation: 01 year
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Subject areas||Political Science|
|Fellowship amount||Rs.1,05,328/- p.m|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||13 July 2017|
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s central agency authorised to conduct the following examinations:
- Civil Services Examination,
- Engineering Services Examination,
- Combined Medical Services Examination,
- Combined Defence Services Examination,
- National Defence Academy Examination,
- Naval Academy Examination,
- Special Class Railway Apprentice,
- Indian Forest Service examination,
- Indian Economic Service examination,
- Indian Statistical Service examination,
- Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination, and
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant) examination.
Main functions of the UPSC
- Conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the Union.
- Recruitment (Direct) by selection through interviews.
- Appointment of Department officers on promotion, deputation and through absorption.
- Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government.
- Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services.
- On any matter referred to the UPSC, they can directly Advice the Government by the President of India.
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,131)
- Europe (800)
- United Kingdom (539)
- Germany (509)
- United States (468)
- Australia (234)
- Switzerland (231)
- Norway (217)
- Denmark (198)
- Netherlands (145)
- Italy (139)
- Sweden (136)
- France (99)
- Canada (95)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (80)
- All Country (66)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (42)
- New Zealand (42)
- Singapore (38)
- Austria (38)
- South Africa (29)
- Czech Republic (28)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(110)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(332)
- Research Awards(298)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(33)
- Technical positions(370)
- Travel Grants(59)