DAAD offers Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degree research grants. These grants are intended to promote PhD degrees at the home university with integrated research phases in Germany. The PhD degrees are supervised both by a university teacher at the home university and an academic mentor at the host institute in Germany- Sandwich model. Based on this flexible, multi-phase funding system, doctoral candidates start their doctoral degree in their home country but subsequently spend research periods in Germany. The doctorate is completed in the native country under the guidance of the German academic consultant.
Duration: not more than two years; Grants are initially for 12 months; during the stays at home university, the grant will be interrupted.
- Monthly allowance in Germany 1,000 euros
- health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance; One time research allowance
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Applicant must hold first class Master degree
- Applicant must have obtained Master’s degree not more than 6 years prior tp application deadline. PhD candidates should not have started their doctoral degree any longer than 3 years previously.
- Applicants who have been staying in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- Language skills: In the arts, social sciences and in law, at least a good knowledge of German is expected. For the natural sciences and engineering, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted (if English is spoken at the host institute).
- Scanned copies of Certificates, proof of credits, certifications to be uploaded to the DAAD portal. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- CV in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 10 pages)
- Detailed research proposal (max. 10 pages)
- research work plan and visits from academic adviser
- Confirmation Letter from academic adviser in Germany, which refers to the applicant’s proposal and confirms that the host institute will provide a workplace
- Confirmation Letter to take a PhD degree at the home university
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s)
- Admission Proof
- Copy of school-leaving certificate
- Sandwich Declaration
|Subject areas||Arts, Humanities, Natural Science, Law, Mathematics|
|Fellowship amount||1,000 euros/month with other perks|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
Note: The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
For Further Details: Click
Apply for job
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (Germany): Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst)International Programmes in Germany 2017: DAAD offers research grants to young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. This programme is intended to support doctoral projects in Germany.
DAAD offers more than 1916 Programmes in all fileds for international students.
- Business, Economics, Social Sciences, Law
- Languages & Cultural Studies
- Natural & Computer Sciences
- Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine
- Art & Music
- Address Germany
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,094)
- Europe (784)
- United Kingdom (509)
- Germany (486)
- United States (445)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (227)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (157)
- Italy (143)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships