The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (ISSUTF) offers Bioenergy awards to tackle the energy security issues and tackle create clean and efficient energy and environmental protection and by building capacity in these frontier areas. The Bioenergy Awards for Cutting Edge Research (B-ACER) is announced to foster contacts between students and scientists from India and the US.
About the Program:
- provide an opportunity to the best and outstanding Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading US institutions;
- endorse research and capacity building in the frontline area of Biofuels and Bioenergy;
- encourage and motivate bright students to take up research as a career path; and
- Overlay the way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term Research & Development relations and associations.
- Systems & Synthetic Biology (to produce biofuels)
- Feed stock improvement (microalgae, macro algae, cellulosic biomass, tree born oil)
- Production Technology (cost-effective technology for bio-ethanol, algal biofuel, bio-butanol, bio-hydrogen, fuel cells, bio-refinery)
For Student Internships
- Applicant must be Indian national currently pursuing a Doctorate on a full-time basis in the field of Biofuel related area in public-funded R&D lab/S&T institution (non-private) / recognized academic institute / university /college in India.
- Applicant’s age limit is up to 32 years as on 31st December 2017.
- Applicant must be national of India with a Doctorate in Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology holding a regular permanent Position in public funded R & D lab/ S & T Institution /recognized universities/ colleges in India.
- Applicants must provide evidence of independent research work in internationally recognized academic journals.
- The fellowship is open only to applicants working in the field of Biofuels.
- Applicant’s age limit is up to 45 years as on 31st December 2017.
Location of work:
- The applicant must have acceptance letter from a reputed US scientific/technological institution/laboratory where he/she would undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
- Monthly Stipend
- Contingency allowance
Internship: Minimum 3 months and upto 6 months
Fellowship: Minimum 3 months and upto 12 months
How to apply:
- Apply online via application Portal for Visitation Programs
|Organization||Indo-US Science and Technology Forum|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Bioenergy, Biofuels|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly stipend with other allowances|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 August 2017|
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. As a grant making organization, the principle objective of IUSSTF is to provide opportunities, to exchange ideas, information, skills and technologies, and to collaborate on scientific and technological endeavor of mutual interest that can translate the power of science for the benefit of mankind at large.
- Address United States