The I.C. Shah Scholarship is granted by the Office for International Students and Scholars to provide assistance to students from India and further MSU’s compelling interest in obtaining the educational benefits that flow from a racially and ethnically diverse student body.
- Students must be from India on non-immigrant visas (F and J visas).
- Student must be in good academic standing.
- Student must have a grade point average of 3.0 or better (or its equivalent), at the time of application.
- Student must maintain aggregate grade point average of 2.5 or better while holding the scholarship.
- Student may receive one or more years of scholarship assistance that starts in the Ist or subsequent years of enrollment at MSU.
Applications must be complete and must include the following:
- Application form
- Copy of current account balance; Bank statements for the past 3 months that show detailed financial transactions
- Personal statement describing specifically the circumstances that have led to the financial need.
- Proof of monthly housing rent or mortgage payment
- Proof of any other monthly debt such as a car payment or credit card balance
- Recent pay remains from campus or other employment
- Completed Faculty Recommendation Form
- The Selection Committee will evaluate both merit and need and preference will be given to applicants demonstrating great financial need.
- First time applicants who have demonstrated financial need will be given priority.
- Scholarship is awarded during Spring Semester, with awards to be effective the following Fall Semester.
- Last date of application: MARCH 1st
|Organization||Michigan State University (MSU)|
|Fellowship Level||Bachelor’s and Master’s|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian students enrolled in MSU|
|Deadline||1st March (yearly)|