The University of Padova, one of the most olden universities in the world, has a long tradition in the promotion of excellence of its students, regardless their nationality, gender, beliefs, or interests.
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
In addition to the regular students, the Galilean School of Higher Education recruits up to 4 highly motivated foreign students, who can enroll in a 2-years program towards the Master Degree (Second Cycle Degree).
- School of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine
- School of Economics and Political Sciences
- School of Engineering: Environmental engineering
- School of Human and Social Sciences and Cultural Heritage
- School of Medicine
- School of Psychology
- School of Science
Academic Duties & Rights at University of Padova
- The admitted International students will share all obligations, duties and rights of the other Galilean students. In particular, students must:
- choose and enroll in the 1st year of a Second Cycle Degree of the University of Padova
- attend the regular courses and seminars of their chosen program, and pass the relevant exams at the required dates, with scores not less than 24/30 in any single exam and an average score not less than 27/30;
- attend the courses and seminars given by the Galilean School, and pass the relevant exams with the same scores as above.
- They will share their experience and ideas with the other Galilean students, and will adhere to the disciplinary rules of the College where they are hosted;
- write an additional, final Galilean thesis, within one year after obtaining their Master Degree, under the supervision of an advisor of their choice but approved by the School, on a subject different from that of the Master thesis.
- Following the successful defence of the Galilean thesis, the student will receive the Galilean Diploma.
- The School will reimburse one round trip ticket from/to the country of origin (economy class) up to 1.500,00 Euros for each Academic Year, and cover the cost of books and miscellaneous documented expenses of educational nature, authorized and within reasonable limits.
- The School will provide free room and board in the University student houses and canteens.
- The School reserves the right to assign a grant up to 5.000,00 Euros to the admitted students, as a contribution towards personal living expenses; this grant is subjected to the economic availability of the School and to the evaluation by a specific committee; no other scholarships will be compatible with this grant.
- This call is reserved to non-Italian citizens, residing outside Italy.
- Applicants must be eligible for enrolling in the 1st year of a Second Cycle Degree (Laurea Magistrale) of the University of Padova
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor degree and not be older than 26 at the time of application;
The on-line procedure requires the uploading of the following documents:
- a copy of the passport (or identity card only for EU nationals);
- a certified copy (on headed paper, signed and stamped by the awarding Institution) of the academic transcript of records in English with the indication of ECTS credits or the indication of the grading scale used by the Institution, if ECTS grading is not available. The transcript may be replaced by the Diploma Supplement, if available;
- a copy of the First Level University Diploma (Bachelor Degree). If a Bachelor Degree hasn’t been obtained yet before the application deadline, the applicant must attach an official letter of the Home Institution, stating that the candidate is registered as a Bachelor student and that he will earn his/her Bachelor degree before July 31, 2017 (the date of graduation would be appreciated);
- CV in English
- 2 reference letters are needed from experienced scientists/ mentors who know the applicant. The letters must be written on headed paper of the referee’s Institution; they must be signed and sent personally by the referee, as a pdf file, to the Galilean School (firstname.lastname@example.org), specifying “Reference Letter (Name, Surname and date of birth of the applicant)” in the e-mail subject.
|Organization||University of Padova|
|Subject areas||Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to International students|
|Deadline||22 May 2017|