Cancer Research Institute Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowships: Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students
The Cancer Research Institute (CRI) is the world’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated exclusively to harnessing the immune system’s power to conquer all cancers. It grants research awards and fellowships to support scientists at prominent research universities and clinics around the world.
CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is conducted by the Cancer Research Institute. It is inviting applicants from all over the world for fellowships that would enable them to do research in the field of cancer immunology.
Objective of Fellowship: The aim is to provide funding to most promising postdoctoral scientists to pursue their lifesaving work.
Place of study: The fellowship can be performed abroad or in the United States but must take place at a non-profit institution.
Level of study: postdoctoral research.
Study Subject: cancer immunology.
Scholarship Award: up to $175,500 over 3 years. It would cover
- the cost of salary,
- insurance, and
- Other research-related expenses, such as travel to conferences and meetings.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not specified
Scholarship can be taken in: the United States or abroad
- The eligible candidates must be working directly in areas related to cancer immunology.
- The project thus must fall into:
- the broad field of immunology and
- must be related to solving the cancer problem.
- Proposals that do not incorporate both these areas will not be considered.
- The applicants must have a doctoral degree by the date of activation of the scholarship and must conduct their proposed research under a sponsor.
- The sponsor must hold a formal appointment at the host institution.
- The applicants who have 5 or more years of relevant postdoctoral experience are not eligible.
- The M.D. applicants are eligible even if it is 5 or more years, they should not include years of residency in this calculation.
- In extraordinary circumstances the applicants who have already spent three or more years in a sponsor’s laboratory by the start date of fellowship be considered for a fellowship award.
Nationality: open to applicants of all nationalities.
- For every application round, only one fellow per sponsor may apply
- The faculty sponsors may not have more than 3 CRI-supported fellows at one point of time.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a doctoral degree.
- English Language: The applicants need to have a very good command over English language.
- The Applicants should apply online.
- Before submitting the online application form, the applicant must complete the PDF application form.
- Get the print and obtain signatures for the Institutional Certifications section.
- Signatures will be required from the following individuals:
- An Internal Review Board (IRB) or certifying officer, who can attest that the proposal is in accordance with government and institutional regulations
- The institution’s financial officer
- The institution’s administrative officer
- Once the form is complete, it should be scanned as a PDF and uploaded with other supporting documents while completing the online application form.
Application Deadline: October 1st, 2017.
|Organization||Cancer Research Institute|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral Research|
|Country||USA or abroad|
|Subject Areas||Cancer Immunology|
|Fellowship Amount||Up to $175,500|
|Eligibility||As illustrated above|
|Deadline||1st October 2017|
USA: Cancer Research Institute (CRI): CRI’s programs span laboratory research & training, translational investigation, preclinical discovery, & a comprehensive clinical investigation & immunotherapy development strategy.
All of these complementary efforts are necessary for CRI to reach its ultimate goal of bringing more FDA-approved immunotherapies to patients with all types of cancer.
- CLINICAL ACCELERATOR: A powerful program that facilitates collaboration among nonprofits, academic clinicians, and biopharmaceutical companies to speed up refinement of cancer immunotherapies.
2. GRANTS & FELLOWSHIPS
3. CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY CONSORTIUM: International association of biotech and pharma companies and academic organizations engaged in late-stage cancer immunotherapy development.
4. INTERNATIONAL CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY SYMPOSIUM
5. CANCER IMMUNOLOGY RESEARCH
Type of Grants:
- Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Green Preclinical and Translational Grants
- Aqua Clinical Grants/Sites
- Coral Investigator Awards
- Gray Where Our Fellows and Investigators Are Now
- Yellow Grants
- Purple Donors/Supporters
- Fuschia Graduate Training Grants
- Orange Patients
- Address United States
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,102)
- Europe (823)
- United Kingdom (545)
- Germany (510)
- United States (476)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (172)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(290)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)