DSF’s Research / Postdoc Grant Program: DSF (Dravet Syndrome Foundation) grants offers funding for research directly related to Dravet syndrome and its associated disorders.
- This grant program fund initial research hypotheses that have not been fully explored.
- The results extracted from this type of research will help bring untested research to the point that it can qualify for larger governmental funding.
- Research applications are judged principally on novelty of the hypotheses, innovative approaches, scientific quality, strength of approach.
- Research Grant Awardees are required to give updates on their work throughout the grant cycle and present their findings at our annual Research Roundtable meeting.
Funding Cycle for 2017
Deadline for Applications: September 5, 2017
Award Announcement: Late November, 2017
Earliest Project Start Date: January 1, 2018
GRANTS: Up to $150,000 for a 02-year project
- Research directly relevant to Dravet syndrome or related epilepsies
- Affiliated with an academic or research institution
- Hold a PHD degree
Research Grant Application Guidelines
Applications which do not include the following materials and meet the specified page limitations will be returned unprocessed, or will be deferred until a subsequent granting cycle:
- Scientific Abstract and Lay abstract – 1 page or less
- Budget Page
- Budget Justification Page
- Hypothesis and Specific Aims – 1 page
- Research Design – 4 pages, including background, preliminary data, experimental plan and methods
- A statement on how the research will advance the understanding, treatment or care of people with Dravet syndrome or related epilepsies – ½ page
- Citations – no limit
|Organization||Dravet Syndrome Foundation (DSF)|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoc or Research grants|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences / Medicine|
|Fellowship amount||Up to $150,000 for a 02-year project|
|Deadline||September 5, 2017|