E4D, Engineering for Development programme is to encourage the development of products or methods which are directly significant for civilizing the livelihoods of poor people in developing countries. It awards two PhD fellowships every year and promotes projects. Maximum age for applying for this fellowship is 40.
E4D Research projects should have:
- Research topics which are innovative and relevant for development.
- The anticipated impact for the intended target group is high.
- The research is conducted with a associate in a developing country.
- Graduates with a Master’s degree or an equivalent university degree.
- An agreement is required from an ETH Zurich professor to confirm the supervision of your thesis project.
- This agreement is confirmed with their signature on the application form.
- Note: Admin Office will not help to find supervisors.
- Concept Note
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of support by the supervising ETH professor
- Letter shall reach in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor:Following can act as supervisior
- ETH Zurich full professors
- ETH Zurich associate professors
- ETH Zurich assistant professors
- SNF-sponsored professors working at ETH Zurich
- Privatdozenten resp. Privatdozentinnen and adjunct professors working full-time at ETH Zurich can also act as supervisors.
- Approval is required from the department. The requisite approval form, Supervision of the PhD by any Professor must be submitted along with the registration for your doctorate.
- Note: if the thesis is supervised by a Privatdozent resp. a Privatdozentin or an adjunct professor, at least one co-examiner must be a professor or an SNSF-sponsored professor.
|Subject areas||Engineering and technology|
|Fellowship amount||175’000 CHF|
|Deadline||31 March 2018|
ETH Zurich, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, is a leading player in research and education in Switzerland and worldwide. ETH Zurich’s 16 departments offer Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs in engineering and natural sciences. The language of instruction in the Bachelor programs is German, whereas English is the common languge on the graduate level. All degree programs provide a solid scientific foundation combined with outstanding all-round skills, equipping ETH graduates with the abilities and flexibility needed for a career in industry, business or the public sector, as entrepreneur or scientist.
- Address Switzerland
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,133)
- Europe (830)
- United Kingdom (537)
- Germany (501)
- United States (472)
- Norway (245)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (231)
- Denmark (194)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (167)
- Italy (144)
- Canada (98)
- France (98)
- Spain (96)
- Japan (82)
- Belgium (73)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (67)
- Austria (43)
- New Zealand (43)
- Singapore (40)
- China (40)
- Poland (36)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(128)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(55)
- Research Associate(336)
- Research Awards(285)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(366)
- Travel Grants(62)