APPLICATION FOR EXTERNAL SENIOR FELLOWSHIPS (ESF): The University of Freiburg offers the Marie S. Curie “FRIAS COFUND Fellowship Program (FCFP)”.
No. of fellowships: 20 Incoming or Reintegration fellows per year (juniors and seniors)
Disciplines: all disciplines
Duration: 3 to 12 months
Location: Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS), Germany
Application deadline: Octuber yearly
- Hold aPhD
- Plus a min. of 6 years postdoc research experience or a tenured professorshipor equivalent permanent position.
- Applicants should not have resided or have carried out work, studies, etc. in Germany for more than a total of 12 months during the 3-year period prior to the application deadline.
Required documents are:
- Annexes 1 – 4 are to be included in one pdf-file.
- Cover page(max. 1 page).
- Title, name (last, first), e-mail address, link to webpage (optional)
- Date of doctorate (PhD defense)
- Current institution (Name of institution/city/country)
- Research field
- Project title
- Envisaged period of research stay at FRIAS
- The two most important reasons for choosing FRIAS at the University of Freiburg as a host for the research project.
- Established contacts at Freiburg University (name, department; where applicable: host laboratory).
- Project proposal(max. 6 pages).
The structure of the project proposal is as follows:
- Research field, title and short abstract of the research project.
- Aims, theoretical framework and methodology of the project.
- Work plan and feasibility (time schedule and projected costs).
- Innovative potential, originality and relevance of the project.
- Added value of conducting research at FRIAS and the University of Freiburg (both for the applicant and the local research community).
- Issues concerning research ethics.
- CV in tabular form (max. 2 pages).
- Publication list (especially of the last ten years): Plzhighlighting the most important publications & the most important project-specific publications (max. 2 pages).
- Completed ethical issues table(mandatory for all disciplines).
|Organization||University of Freiburg|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship||As per European law|
|Deadline||10 October (Yearly)|
Apply for job
Freie Universität Berlin is a leading research institution. It is one of the German universities successful in all three funding lines in the federal and state Excellence Initiative, thereby receiving additional funding for its institutional future development strategy.
Freie Universität can thus take its place as an international network university in the global competition among universities. Development and assessment of research projects takes place within various focus areas, research networks, and platforms for interdisciplinary collaborative research.
The university’s performance in the Excellence Initiative provided funding for several new graduate schools and transdisciplinary research clusters. In particular, the graduate schools play a key role in the development of internationally competitive research centers of excellence.
Freie Universität Berlin is a broad-based university with 15 departments and central institutes offering over 150 degree programs across a wide range of subjects.
- Address Germany