Faculty, Tenure track Positions: UMASS – Multiple Faculty, Tenure track Positions are available at the University of Massachusetts Lowell, Department of Plastics Engineering
It is internationally recognized Department of Plastics Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Lowell (UMASS) is the largest ABET accredited plastics program in the US.
The Department is looking to hire faculty in all areas of polymer engineering & science including processing/manufacturing, materials science, design of plastic products, processes, or tooling.
UMASS Job no: 492544
Designation / Level: Applications are particularly welcome for faculty positions at Assistant and Associate Professor ranks in the following areas:
- Design of products, composites, assemblies, machines, molds; design for manufacture
- Plastics sustainability including biobased polymers, recycling, and plastics life cycle analysis
- 3D printing process, machinery, and design
- High performance and new polymer materials: High temperature/strength, reinforced, and cross-linked systems
- Flexible films manufacturing and processing using roll-to-roll, coating or calendaring processes
- Advanced or functional polymeric fibers: fiber development, materials, melt or solution spinning, structure-property relationships
- Life cycle management for plastics manufacturing: Resource planning and materials strategies, principles of logistics, quality assurance and control
- Computational polymer fluid dynamics: modeling of rheology, processing and morphology relationships using finite element analysis or molecular dynamics simulation
Please submit a CV, cover letter, teaching statement/philosophy, research statement, sample of scholarly work/publications.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
|Organization||University of Massachusetts (UMASS)|
|Subject Areas||Science, Engineering|
|Salary||As per Gov. norms|
Open until filled
University of Massachusetts (UMASS), USA: The University of Massachusetts is a five-campus public research university system renowned for the quality of academic and research programs. The scope and excellence of its research, and its enduring adherence to its public service mission. UMass provides access to high-quality, affordable education that advances knowledge and improves the lives of the people of the Commonwealth, the nation and the world.