Department of Soil Management, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering in Ghent University (UGent) offers fully funded 5 PhD scholarships in Precision Agriculture.
5 PhD projects are available under this project:
- Site specific fertilisation
- Site specific manure injection
- Site specific pesticide applications
- Site specific soil compaction management
- Site specific seed rate management
- Applicant must hold MSc degree Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering obtained between September 2017 and not earlier than September 2014.
- Applicant must have knowledge in the use of basic engineering software and modelling languages, such as, MATLAB Toolbox, LabVIEW, DaisyLab, AutoCAD, or C++; knowledge in sensing technologies, modelling and control theory.
- Applicant must also demonstrate good contextual understanding of agricultural systems, precision agriculture and the ability to work in the field with agriculture machinery.
- Applicant must possess high level of proficiency in English sufficient to communicate effectively with colleagues and write papers and reports.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Run your PhD project and deliver the project results in a timely manner.
- Submission of high quality publications in international journals.
- Link and integrate with research project of the other PhD students under Odysseus project as deemed appropriate.
- Contribute to group activities as requested by your promoters that are within the remit of the role and the grant, and the associated grade. This may include:
- Supporting and collaborating with MSc and PhD students.
- Contribution to teaching programmes if requested to do so.
- Assist in other activates in the group as deemed necessary.
Value: fully funded; approx. €23787 per year (€1982 per month)
Starting date: between 1st November 2017 and 2nd January 2018
How to apply:
Applications must include the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining the motivation, research and teaching experience.
- CV and publication record.
- Master’s degree or an interim document if still finishing the MSc.
- Verified transcript of MSc and BSc degrees.
- Indicate interest in the above 5 PhD projects.
- 2 reference letters from academic members.
- Applications to be submitted via email with subject ‘PhD scholarships under Odysseus project’ to project promoter Prof. Abdul Mouazen (E-mail: email@example.com)
Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
|Fellowship amount||€1982 per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 September 2017|
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains.
Students, employees, but also alumni and third parties can use our extensive facilities.
- Convention Centre Het Pand
- Support services
- Language Centre
- Hall hiring
- Gift and souvenir shop
- Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
- Faculty of Law and Criminology
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
- Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Political and Social Sciences
In addition to these faculties, Ghent University has five Doctoral Schools just for doctoral researchers. These schools provide support to doctoral students through specialized courses as well transferable skills training, they contribute to a quality culture in research, and take care of the social and international visibility of the doctoral degree.
- Doctoral Schools
- Address Belgium
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,104)
- Europe (825)
- United Kingdom (547)
- Germany (512)
- United States (477)
- Norway (247)
- Switzerland (240)
- Australia (233)
- Denmark (197)
- Sweden (191)
- Netherlands (173)
- Italy (141)
- France (102)
- Canada (98)
- Spain (94)
- Japan (83)
- Belgium (76)
- All Country (68)
- Finland (68)
- New Zealand (45)
- China (42)
- Austria (41)
- Singapore (40)
- Poland (37)
- South Africa (30)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(118)
- JRF / SRF(4)
- Masters | PhD(56)
- Research Associate(330)
- Research Awards(291)
- Short cources(18)
- Short courses(34)
- Technical positions(361)
- Travel Grants(60)