Department of Soil Management, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering in Ghent University (UGent) offers fully funded 5 PhD scholarships in Precision Agriculture.
5 PhD projects are available under this project:
- Site specific fertilisation
- Site specific manure injection
- Site specific pesticide applications
- Site specific soil compaction management
- Site specific seed rate management
- Applicant must hold MSc degree Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering obtained between September 2017 and not earlier than September 2014.
- Applicant must have knowledge in the use of basic engineering software and modelling languages, such as, MATLAB Toolbox, LabVIEW, DaisyLab, AutoCAD, or C++; knowledge in sensing technologies, modelling and control theory.
- Applicant must also demonstrate good contextual understanding of agricultural systems, precision agriculture and the ability to work in the field with agriculture machinery.
- Applicant must possess high level of proficiency in English sufficient to communicate effectively with colleagues and write papers and reports.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Run your PhD project and deliver the project results in a timely manner.
- Submission of high quality publications in international journals.
- Link and integrate with research project of the other PhD students under Odysseus project as deemed appropriate.
- Contribute to group activities as requested by your promoters that are within the remit of the role and the grant, and the associated grade. This may include:
- Supporting and collaborating with MSc and PhD students.
- Contribution to teaching programmes if requested to do so.
- Assist in other activates in the group as deemed necessary.
Value: fully funded; approx. €23787 per year (€1982 per month)
Starting date: between 1st November 2017 and 2nd January 2018
How to apply:
Applications must include the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining the motivation, research and teaching experience.
- CV and publication record.
- Master’s degree or an interim document if still finishing the MSc.
- Verified transcript of MSc and BSc degrees.
- Indicate interest in the above 5 PhD projects.
- 2 reference letters from academic members.
- Applications to be submitted via email with subject ‘PhD scholarships under Odysseus project’ to project promoter Prof. Abdul Mouazen (E-mail: email@example.com)
Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
|Fellowship amount||€1982 per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 September 2017|