Google India PhD Fellowships is highly competitive program. Each fellowship recipient will be assigned a Google Sponsor who will mentor the PhD fellow over the research period. Engagement with the Google Sponsor will include discussions on research direction, research progress updates etc.
Number of fellowships: up to 4 named fellowships.
Duration: maximum 4 years
Fellowship value: monthly fellowship; contingency grant for expenses like books, stationery etc; travel grant
For current PhD students
- Applicants must have been enrolled at an Indian University, in a full-time PhD program, on or after 1-Jan-2016.
- Applicant must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
- Applicants must be current full-time Undergraduate or Master’s student enrolled at an Indian University.
- Professionals must be employed or affiliated with an organization registered in India.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program of an Indian University, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2017, or the award shall be forfeited.
- The selected candidate must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for PhD.
Apply with following documents:
- Resume/CV with links to publications (if available).
- Grade transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor’s degree till date.
- Research statement of purpose (max. 2 pages).
- 3 letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s work (at least one coming from the thesis adviser in case of current PhD students).
- Create a Google Drive folder containing the above documents and share the folder with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the online form to apply.
|Subject areas||Computer science|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly stipend|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||April 14, 2017|
More information about the fellowship
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,160)
- Europe (834)
- United Kingdom (549)
- Germany (535)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (225)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (149)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (31)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(342)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(2)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)