Google India PhD Fellowships is highly competitive program. Each fellowship recipient will be assigned a Google Sponsor who will mentor the PhD fellow over the research period. Engagement with the Google Sponsor will include discussions on research direction, research progress updates etc.
Number of fellowships: up to 4 named fellowships.
Duration: maximum 4 years
Fellowship value: monthly fellowship; contingency grant for expenses like books, stationery etc; travel grant
For current PhD students
- Applicants must have been enrolled at an Indian University, in a full-time PhD program, on or after 1-Jan-2016.
- Applicant must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
- Applicants must be current full-time Undergraduate or Master’s student enrolled at an Indian University.
- Professionals must be employed or affiliated with an organization registered in India.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program of an Indian University, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2017, or the award shall be forfeited.
- The selected candidate must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for PhD.
Apply with following documents:
- Resume/CV with links to publications (if available).
- Grade transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor’s degree till date.
- Research statement of purpose (max. 2 pages).
- 3 letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s work (at least one coming from the thesis adviser in case of current PhD students).
- Create a Google Drive folder containing the above documents and share the folder with email@example.com
- Complete the online form to apply.
|Subject areas||Computer science|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly stipend|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||April 14, 2017|
More information about the fellowship