The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) announces opening of 18 postdoctoral positions for research activity in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Social Sciences.
Salary: annual gross salary is € 36.000,00.
Duration: Each research grant is for 2 years.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Applications are opened to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion.
- Eligible candidates in Mathematics and Computer Science must have earned their PhD not earlier than January 1, 2012.
- Applicant must possess good knowledge of English.
- Applications to be sent to GSSI only by filling out the online application form. The application must include:
- Research statement
- max 3 publications (PhD thesis may be included);
- valid ID document
- Applicants must arrange the names and contact information of up to two referees. Referees must submit reference letters in English or Italian through the online application system (the referees will receive an e-mail with a link to the page where they can upload the referral letter).
|Organization||GSSI Gran Sasso Science Institute|
|Subject areas||Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||€ 36.000,00 annually|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 15, 2017|
The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) is an international PhD school and a center for research and higher education. The GSSI aims to create a new center of scientific excellence in L’Aquila fostering the skills and highly specialized structures already present in the area, such as the Gran Sasso National Laboratories of the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN) and the University of L’Aquila, facilitating the attraction of high-level resources in the fields of natural and social sciences.
All the GSSI areas are encompassed by the awareness of the complexity of today’s world, where the ability of interpreting large amounts of data is increasingly critical for making correct and timely decisions. This is why no barriers stand between our areas of study and research, as it always should be between different fields of knowledge. Cross-fertilization, leading to the contamination of interests and study methods typical of different disciplines, is a feature that we want to be present in our activities.
The PhD program (started in the academic year 2013-2014) is organized in the scientific areas of physics, mathematics and computer science and social sciences (management of innovation and regional development).
Professors, researchers and students from all scientific areas are selected internationally, following the standards of the best graduate schools worldwide.
- Computer science
- Social sciences
- Address Italy
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships