ICTS-Simons: The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) invites applications for the ICTS-Simons postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2017-2018. The program is funded by a targeted grant to ICTS by the Simons Foundation, is aimed at attracting world-leading young researchers to ICTS as postdoctoral fellows.
The institute provides a stimulating scholarly atmosphere and state-of-the-art facilities for academic research.
Eligibility for ICTS-Simons Fellowship:
- Applicant must be highly qualified young scientists with proven track record.
- Applicant must hold Doctorate in physics, mathematics, astronomy, theoretical physical chemistry, theoretical physical biology and related fields.
- Scholars who have submitted their PhD thesis may also apply for the fellowship.
Salary and benefits
- Salary: Rs. 60,000/month
- fellows may opt for free Institute accommodation or a HRA of Rs. 15,000/month
- health insurance, travel support up to Rs. 200,000/year
- research grant of Rs. 200,000/year for computing services, publications, relocation, and other direct costs
- Fellows may also apply for additional travel and research grants offered by the national funding agencies.
Duration: initially 2 years; may be extended up to a 3rd year.
Renewal will depend on a comprehensive review of the scientific activity of the Fellow.
How to Apply:
- Qualified and interested candidates must APPLY ONLINE with the following documents:
- List of publications
- Research proposal (max. 2 pages)
- Covering letter
- 3 recommendation letters to be sent directly to the ICTS
The closing date is December 2, 2016, but applications will be considered until the positions are filled.
Starting date: The nominal starting date of September 1, 2017 is flexible.
|Organization||International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
Physics, Mathematics, Astronomy, Theoretical Physical Chemistry, Theoretical Physical Biology
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 60,000/month + other allowances|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||5 November 2017|
The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, established in 2007, is a multi and interdisciplinary centre with 3 main goals:
- Programs: Bring together physicists, astronomers, cosmologists, mathematicians, biologists, students and researchers from all over the world, under one roof, to work together to solve the most challenging questions posed by nature, to discover the underlying structures across the sciences and to strive for the unity of knowledge
- Research: In-house research – by highest quality faculty in the theoretical sciences
- Outreach: Stimulate and harness the young minds of India and connect with members of the public who are interested in the latest developments of scientific research
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,090)
- Europe (779)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (233)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (62)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships