Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) awards Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to brilliant engineers to distinguish, encourage and support translational research by individuals to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development.
Study Areas: All engineering areas, innovation and technology
Number of fellowships: 10
Duration: initially 3 years; may be extended upto 2 more years (maximum 5 years).
- Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per month (in addition to regular income)
- Research grant: Rs.15.00 lakh per annum
- Overhead amount: Rs.1.00 lakh per annum
- fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India
- Applications are accepted from Indian nationals working in India in various capacities of engineering profession in public funded institutions.
- Applicant must hold adequate professional qualification and at least must have a bachelor’s degree
- Applicant must have a minimum of five (5) years of service left in the parent organization on the date of the award.
- Applicant must not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- Nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/ organizations, Presidents/ fellows of National science/ engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees and JC Bose awardees.
- Nomination applications are accepted throughout the year.
- Selection of Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellows will be made periodically (normally twice a year) by a Search -Cum-Selection Expert Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship
|Organization||Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 25,000 per month with other allowances|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|