Individual Fellowships (IF) by European commission : Individual Fellowships (IF) fund researchers who are looking to enhance their career development and prospects by working abroad.
Types of Individual Fellowships (IFs)
There are two (02) types of Individual Fellowships:
- Held in the EU or associated countries.
- Open to researchers either coming to Europe or moving within Europe.
- Can help to restart research careers after a break such as parental leave.
- Can also help reintegrate researchers coming back to Europe.
- Fund secondments outside Europe for researchers based in the EU or associated countries.
- There is a mandatory one-year return period.
Time Period: European & Global Fellowships can also include a secondment period
European Fellowships: one to two years,
Global Fellowships: two to three years.
f up to three or six months in another organization in Europe, where this would boost
Eligibility conditions for fellowships:
- This action is meant to support the best, most promising individual researchers from anywhere in the world.
- Only experienced researchers can apply.
- Should have your doctoral degree or at least four (04) years’ full-time research experience by the time of the call deadline.
- Mobility across borders is a must.
- Cross-sectoral mobility is also encouraged.
- The grant provides an allowance to cover your living, travel & family costs.
- The grant is awarded to your host organization, usually a university, research centre or a company in Europe.
- The research costs & overheads of the host organization(s) are also supported.
- You submit a research proposal, including your CV.
- The proposal is written jointly with your chosen host organization(s) (university, research centre or company).
- Proposals are submitted in reply to a call for proposals.
- All open calls and related information such as the Guide for Applicants and full eligibility criteria can be found at the link below.
|Subject areas||Any subject areas|
|Fellowship amount||Seed grants + Scholarships|
|Deadline||Open all year round|
Apply for job
European commission: EU Grants individuals and organizations from both Europe and outside. The new interactive portal helps you find open and upcoming calls for funding proposals, get background information on funding processes and programs, and apply online. Learn about the tendering process and opportunities for doing business with the European Commission.
Major Funds and funding programmes
- Address Europe