Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay offers Institute Post-doctoral (post-doc) fellowships. These fellowships are available in various academic Departments, Centres, Schools and Inter-disciplinary programs. The fellowships are open throughout the year. (no last date for the applications).
- Fresh PhD 54,000/- per month
- PhD + 1 year experience 57,000/- per month
- PhD+ 2 year experience 60,000/- per month
- Non-lapsable contingency grant 15,000/year
- Applicants keen to be appointed may be fresh PhDs or research scholars who have submitted their thesis and are awaiting examination.
- IIT Bombay’s own PhD students are not eligible for this position.
- Departments will evaluate these applications through a process similar to what they would adopt for faculty selections.
- A yearly report of progress and a seminar evaluated by a departmental committee will be conducted.
Duties and Facilities:
- A Postdoc Fellow will have a guide whose area is closest to that of the fellow.
- The HOD may assign reasonable academic/administrative tasks depending on the need.
- The Department must also agree to provide reasonable office and lab space to its postdoctoral fellows.
- Financial support is provided for one international conference during the tenure of the fellowship for the presentation of their research work done at IIT Bombay.
- Support for one national conference per year is also provided.
|Organization||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Varies as per experince|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds from UNESCO came as Roubles from the then Soviet Union. In 1961 Parliament decreed the IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance'. Since then, IITB has grown from strength to strength to emerge as one of the top technical universities in the world.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biosciences and Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Humanities & Social Science
- Industrial Design Centre
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
- Application Software Centre (ASC)
- Centre for Research in Nanotechnology and Science (CRNTS)
- Centre for Aerospace Systems Design and Engineering (CASDE)
- Computer Centre (CC)
- Centre for Distance Engineering Education Programme (CDEEP)
- Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering (CESE)
- Centre for Policy Studies (CPS)
- Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE)
- Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas (CTARA)
- Centre for Formal Design and Verification of Software (CFDVS)
- Centre for Urban Science and Engineering (C-USE)
- Desai Sethi Centre for Entrepreneurship (DSCE)
- IITB-Monash Research Academy
- National Centre for Aerospace Innovation and Research (NCAIR)
- National Centre for Mathematics (NCM)
- Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF)
- Tata Center for Technology and Design (TCTD)
- Wadhwani Research Centre for Bioengineering (WRCB)
- Climate Studies
- Educational Technology
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR)
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Address India