Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites online applications for post of Junior Scientific Officer in Chemistry and Physics. The positions are available in Ministry of Home Affairs, Directorate of Forensic Science Services at Central Forensic Science Laboratory.
Number of Posts: Chemistry: 02; Physics: 01
Salary: Pre-revised Pay Scale Rs.9,300-34,800/- ( PB-2) plus Rs. 4,600/- (Grade Pay) As per 7th CPC- Level 7 in the Pay Matrix
Age limit: Applicant must not exceed 30 years of age (for General category) and 33 years (for Other Backward Class)
- Applicant must hold Master’s Degree in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Forensic Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects at Bachelor of Science level from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Applicant must have 2 years’ experience of Analytical method and research in the field of Chemistry.
- Applicant must hold Master’s Degree in Physics/Biophysics/Forensic Science with Physics as one of the subjects at Bachelor of Science level from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Applicant must possess 2 years’ experience of Analytical method and research in the field of Physics.
NOTE: The qualifications are relaxable at Commission’s discretion in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Physics|
|Fellowship amount||Rs.46696/- plus D.A. per month|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||28 September 2017|
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s central agency authorised to conduct the following examinations:
- Civil Services Examination,
- Engineering Services Examination,
- Combined Medical Services Examination,
- Combined Defence Services Examination,
- National Defence Academy Examination,
- Naval Academy Examination,
- Special Class Railway Apprentice,
- Indian Forest Service examination,
- Indian Economic Service examination,
- Indian Statistical Service examination,
- Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination, and
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant) examination.
Main functions of the UPSC
- Conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the Union.
- Recruitment (Direct) by selection through interviews.
- Appointment of Department officers on promotion, deputation and through absorption.
- Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government.
- Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services.
- On any matter referred to the UPSC, they can directly Advice the Government by the President of India.
- Address India
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,165)
- Europe (838)
- United Kingdom (550)
- Germany (538)
- United States (477)
- Australia (240)
- Switzerland (237)
- Norway (226)
- Denmark (205)
- Netherlands (150)
- Italy (142)
- Sweden (139)
- France (104)
- Canada (96)
- Japan (83)
- Spain (82)
- All Country (69)
- Belgium (66)
- Finland (63)
- China (43)
- New Zealand (42)
- Austria (40)
- Singapore (39)
- Czech Republic (31)
- South Africa (29)
Type of Scholarships
- Environment Science(2)
- International Grants(111)
- JRF / SRF(5)
- Masters | PhD(45)
- Research Associate(343)
- Research Awards(301)
- Short cources(19)
- Short courses(34)
- Summer School(3)
- Technical positions(374)
- Travel Grants(59)