These Scholarship awards are under intergovernmental exchange programmes. The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic (MEYS) offers scholarships to foreign (International) nationals every year within the framework of intergovernmental exchange programmes arranged with the following countries:
Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria, Egypt, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Latvia, Luxembourg, Macedonia/FYROM, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Peru, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Vietnam
Scholarships can only be granted to candidates officially recommended for the award by the appropriate authorities in the eligible countries, which collect the applications, set the closing date for applications and organize the selection procedure.
- Scholarships of this type are designed for university/college students or graduates and Ph.D. candidates (exceptionally for university researchers/teachers) who wish to pursue study or research visits to one of the Czech public institutions of higher education.
- The scholarships are not intended for summer language courses
Period of scholarship:
- The period of scholarship usually ranges from 2 to 10 months.
- Scholarships may be awarded repeatedly to the same recipients, provided that they submit a renewed application for the following academic year and are selected by the appropriate authorities in their home countries.
Type of course:
- Scholarship-holders usually attend courses that do not lead to the award of a degree (non-degree study courses) or pursue an independent research activity (research visit), depending upon their academic qualifications and preferences.
- Enrolment in standard degree study programmes, especially Ph.D. courses, for the period of scholarship is also possible.
Language of tuition:
- The primary language of tuition is Czech.
- Scholarship-holders can be admitted also to some English-medium courses, though it should be noted that not all courses with tuition in the English language are open to scholarship-holders.
- For bachelor’s degree or equivalent holders CZK 9,000 per month
- For Master’s degree or equivalent holders CZK 9,500 per month
Letter of invitation / preliminary acceptance letter:
- Incoming students are recommended to contact the preferred university directly and request a letter of invitation from the respective department.
- Nominations and application dossiers must be submitted to the MEYS by the appropriate authorities of the eligible countries.
- Closing date for applications for applications are set by the appropriate authorities in the eligible countries; the deadlines differ in individual countries.
- Each application dossier must comprise 2 copies of a completely and legibly filled out application form and the following required attachments:
- for a study/research stay up to 30 days: CV; list of publications (if applicable)
- for a study/research stay exceeding 30 days: CV; list of publications (if applicable); medical certificate (only for non-EU/EEA nationals); 2 letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer; photocopy of diploma (if applicable); certified transcript(s) of records.
- All documents must be written in or translated into Czech, English, French or German.
- Fine arts and performing arts students/graduates are moreover required to attach a sample of their artistic work, e.g. photographs, video/audio recording of a musical performance etc.
|Organization||Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic (MEYS)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to selected countries|
For Further Details: Click