International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques” invites applications for 5 PhD positions beginning in January 2018.
About the project:
- The research topic uses the molecular, chemical and neuroethological techniques to experimentally explore ecological interactions under natural conditions
- The main focus is on the relationship between plants, microbes and herbivores, and their environment, as well as the evolutionary and behavioral consequences of these interactions.
- 15 exciting projects are being offered; applicants can identify up to 3 projects of interest.
- Applicant must have strong interests in the relevant topic.
- Applicants must hold or expected to hold a Masters or equivalent degree in Ecology, Evolutionary Biology, Bioinformatics, Analytical Chemistry, Entomology, Neurobiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Plant Physiology or Genetics.
- Exceptional candidates with a Bachelor’s degree may also be considered.
- receive a Max Planck support contract
- No tuition fees
- Working language is English
- Applications to be submitted online
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology|
Ecology, Evolutionary Biology, Bioinformatics, Analytical Chemistry, Entomology, Neurobiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Plant Physiology Genetics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 18, 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
Core Research Areas:
- Cultural Studies
- Ecology . Plant Research
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Developmental Biology
- Cognitive Science .
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biology & Medicine
- Material & Technology
- Environment & Climate
- Address Germany