The Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics invite applications for up to two Bioinformaticians to start as soon as possible.
Duration: initially for two years; possibility of extension.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development, comparison and testing of software solutions for the analysis of deep-sequencing data.
- In close interaction with the experimental partners, scientist will provide algorithmic solutions to their analyses and data interpretation.
- Selected candidate will also help with established training programs and help our partners with experimental design, quality control and the analysis of genome-wide data.
- Applicant must be motivated team player with strong communication skills and the desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Applicant must have proven experience with deep-sequencing analysis and specific computational skills.
- Applicant must hold MSc degree in bioinformatics or equivalent experience in a related field
- Applicant must have proven expertise in programming, scripting and statistical analysis (python and R)
- Applicant must have experience with analysis of genome-wide data; organizational talent and multi-tasking ability
- Applicant must possess very good command of English language
- Submit completed application via online application portal with:
- Contact details of referees
*Handicapped applicants with equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics|
|Subject areas||Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics, Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||September 4th, 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
Core Research Areas:
- Cultural Studies
- Ecology . Plant Research
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Developmental Biology
- Cognitive Science .
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biology & Medicine
- Material & Technology
- Environment & Climate
- Address Germany
- MPIA Fellowship and Postdoctoral Research Positions: Astronomy & Astrophysics
- CAESAR- IMPRS: 15 PhD Positions (Neuroscience); Fully-funded
- Max Planck-ETH Center for Learning Systems: Multiple PhD Fellowships
- 2 PDF, Max Planck Instt: Quantum Chemistry
- MPI of Biochemistry: Postdoctoral Position – Immunology
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,091)
- Europe (780)
- United Kingdom (508)
- Germany (483)
- United States (444)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (226)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (155)
- Italy (142)
- Canada (95)
- France (93)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships