The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics and the Department Nano-System from Ions, Spins and Electrons (NISE) invites applications for the Scientist position for FIB/SEM applications.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- innovative 3D sample fabrication for exploration of novel material phenomena and devices responsible for reliable operation of FIB/SEM systems – FEI Nanolab, Tescan GAIA and Tescan FERA
- training PhD students, post-doctoral and visiting scientists in FIB-related operations maintaining state-of-the-art capabilities
- applicant must be physicist or engineer or materials scientist, preferably with a PhD degree
- applicant must possess prior FIB/SEM experience
- applicant must be strong team player who excels in a fast paced, highly dynamic, interdisciplinary environment
- applicant must possess excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- world-leading institute with a wide range of state of the art capabilities for exploratory thin film materials and device research
- remuneration and social benefits depending on education and prior experience according to the German collective wage agreement for the public service (TVöD)
- duration: initially for 2 years; may be extended; fixed term contract
- Application may be uploaded as a single pdf file at the application website with reference to MPI-Halle-Div-002.
|Organization||Max-Planck-Insstitute for Microstructure Physics|
|Subject areas||Solid State Research & Material Sciences, Particle, Plasma and Quantum Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||13 August 2017|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
Core Research Areas:
- Cultural Studies
- Ecology . Plant Research
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Developmental Biology
- Cognitive Science .
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biology & Medicine
- Material & Technology
- Environment & Climate
- Address Germany