Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems invites applications for the Doctoral or Postdoc position in mathematics / computational biology / computer science and related areas. The positions are available in Steffen Klamt’s group. The group develops and applies methods and algorithms for the mathematical modeling and targeted modification of biological networks.
- Applicant must have an excellent degree or/and experience in one or several of the following fields: Mathematics / Biomathematics, Informatics / Bioinformatics / Computational biology, Systems biology / Metabolic engineering, Physics
- Applicants having experiences in the following areas would hold an advantage: theory and algorithms of mathematical optimization; in particular, linear and mixed-integer linear programming (LP / MILP); programming in MATLAB; experience with CPLEX or/and JAVA; mathematical modeling of metabolic networks (e.g., kinetic or constraint-based modeling), computational strain design, model-based metabolic engineering
- Applicants holding some basic biological knowledge or/and experiences in working in interdisciplinary projects would be a plus but are not mandatory.
Note: The position is immediately available (later starting date would be possible)
Duration: initially for 2 years; possibility of an extension.
- There is no strict deadline and the call is open until the position is filled.
- Applicants must send applications in a single PDF file including the following:
- Application letter
- A brief statement of research interests
- Short description of scientific achievements (if applicable),
- 2 references with contact information.
- The application (PDF file) to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems
|Subject areas||Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics|
|Deadline||Open untill filled|
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. It is thus almost impossible to allocate an individual institute to one single research field: conversely, it can be the case that different Max Planck Institutes carry out research in the same subject. To orientate yourself, please choose a research area first, and then a specific research field. The table will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria.
- Address Germany